Effective Planning Techniques / source/
Start Date : 6 Oct, 2019
Duration : 5 Days
Class Code : MJO025
Who Should Attend
Office managers, supervisors, administrators and office professionals who need guidance and advice on ‘best practice’ for managing the office.
Benefits of Attending:
- Effectively plan, set objectives, structure and organize the office.
- Effectively plan and confidently prioritize your workload to ensure your own and your managers’/team’s objectives are achieved.
- Deal effectively with paperwork, telephone queries and interruptions.
- Identify and remove unnecessary ‘time stealers’.
- Plan to meet key deadlines, which determine your success and that of your manager/team.
- Confidently clarify and communicate the team’s responsibilities to maintain an efficient and safe office environment.
- Maintain clear communication channels ensuring your team remains informed.
- Ensure resources are employed efficiently and provide a quality service to both internal and external customers.
- Mapping your daily time and energy profile
- Creating a schedule that works for you and not against you
- Key questions to help you manage time
Diagnosing time-management issues
- Profiling your current time-usage patterns
- Determining time-management pressure points
Planning and Prioritizing
- Planning, estimating and prioritizing
- Identifying and defining your own and your managers/team’s objectives
- Key guidelines for prioritizing successfully – important versus urgent tasks
- Managing when priorities change
- Working effectively under pressure and using your initiative
Resource Management & Problem Solving
- Identifying relationship skills required for effective resource management
- The role of teambuilding in resource management
- Assessing team and resource effectiveness
- Teams, resource management and decision making
- Establishing and maintaining accountability of resources
- Techniques for problem solving and decision making