Building Interprofessional Relationships: New Techniques for Results-Oriented Communication
Start Date: 8 Dec,2024
End Date : 12 Dec, 2024
Duration : 5 Days
This workshop is valuable for everyone who wants to enhance his/her communication skills, assertiveness and develop self-awareness, analyze situations, and consciously select and use productive communication strategies.
- Build better rapport and gain the trust of your colleagues.
- Demonstrate the fundamental competencies needed to achieve solid work relationships.
- Identify and accept personal and professional responsibilities in communicating effectively with others.
- Recognize short- and long-term implications of communication on your workplace relationships.
- Identify and use others’ communication and thinking style preferences to influence and motivate them to first-rate performance.
- Avoid mistakes and conflicts that may result from misinterpreting others or ineffective listening.
- Investigate emotions and how they translate into workplace emotional intelligence.
- Master the key to excellent communication: observe, listen, analyze, plan, and communicate.
- Learn to communicate with vision, clarity, and purpose.
- Gain insight into your personal communication strengths and weaknesses.
- Develop the ability to be flexible in actions, thoughts, and feelings to better handle workplace situations.
- Engage in more effective and focused communication.
- Create a positive work environment.
Course Outline (Content):
Effective Workplace Relationships
- Identify Behaviors That Support or Undermine Effective Workplace Relationships
- Learn behaviors that support or undermine your relationships Communication and Perceptions
- World view, perception, and work relationships
- Conscious communication
- Mirroring and rapport
Effective Relationships and the Role of Communication in Building Relationships
- Behaviors that support or undermine effective workplace relationships.
- Becoming a “Conscious Communicator”.
- Communication as a cycle of continuous responses to create “Relationship Residue”.
- Rapport building as a tool to improve relationships.
The Importance of Knowing Yourself for Building Relationships
- Connections among emotional intelligence, worldview, perception, and effective relational-communication behaviors.
- Strategies to improve work relationships using Emotional Intelligence. Impact of self-perception on interactions with others.
- The Social/Communication Style. Behaviors that erode trust and those that build trust. Analyze, assess, and counteract people.
Best Practices and Skills for Building Relationships
- Assertive verbal and nonverbal behaviors.
- Using direct and indirect messages.
- Feedback and questioning skills. Relationship needs.
- Listening barriers and their impact on the development of effective workplace relationships.
- Questions and paraphrase to improve listening skills and relationships.
Active and reflective listening skills in specific types of workplace listening situations.
Best practices application for giving or seeking feedback.
Who Should Attend?
Employees, supervisors, and managers seeking to build better work relationships, maximize impact, increase productivity, and drive results by applying effective communication and relationship management
We utilize a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. This training course will be conducted as a highly interactive workshop session. A variety of training methodologies will be used Before and during the course whenever applicable. Some of these methods are gamification, online pre-post test, role plays, self-assessment instruments, group exercises & case studies.