Start Date: 13 June, 2021
End Date : 17 June, 2021
Duration : 5 Days
This course will make you lead change and be more aware of your personal habits, styles and preferences in coaching and mentoring through assessments, role-plays and exercises.
- Learn new ideas in learning and behavioral change based on recent brain research, indicating the value of coaching for leaders.
- Decide when a coaching conversation is most useful, or when mentoring or a more direct approach would be better.
- Determine how to blend mentoring and managing with coaching for the most beneficial results.
- Identify what mental positions are necessary to hold during a difficult conversation so the person stays receptive to the conversation.
- Differentiate the three levels of listening and what can be heard at each level.
- Identify the typical causes of blind spots and resistance in people in performance conversations.
- Learn a model of coaching most useful for changing people’s minds as well as solving problems.
- Practice listening and presenting techniques to manage your emotions during the process.
- Learn and practice a feedback technique to use at the start of a coaching conversation to be clear on the result that is required.
- Create your own ongoing development plan for improvement.
Course Outline (Content):
- Coaching, mentoring and leading.
- An evolution of motivation in the workplace. The need for and value of coaching.
- Examination of cases.
- Coaching that goes beyond problem-solving.
- Present the coaching model.
- Communicating Change
- Listening at three levels.
- Look at what it takes to listen at level three for coaching.
- Practice listening
- The mental positions needed for listening in a coaching conversation.
- Resistance to Change
- Typical causes of blind spots and resistance in people.
- Tools and Techniques
- Maintaining a presence and managing emotions during a coaching session.
- Practicing development conversations using coaching.
- Feedback technique in a coaching conversation.
- Creating an ongoing development plan for improvement.
Who Should Attend?
Supervisors, team leaders and professionals at all levels who want to become effective at coaching and leading others.
- Effective Collaboration
- Emotional Intelligence
- Influencing & Communication for Impact