Start Date: 3 October, 2021
End Date : 7 October, 2021
Duration : 5 Days
This workshop is valuable for everyone who wants to enhance his/her communication skills, assertiveness and develop effective workplace relationships.
- Demonstrate the fundamental competencies needed to achieve solid work relationships while building strong rapport and gaining trust amongst your colleagues.
- Identify and accept personal and professional responsibilities in communicating effectively with others.
- Recognize short- and long-term implications of communication on your workplace relationships.
- Identify and use others’ communication and thinking style preferences to influence and motivate them to first-rate performance.
- Understand values, beliefs, attitudes, and perceptual processes and their impact on establishing workplace-specific trust and respect.
- Investigate emotions and how they translate into workplace emotional intelligence.
- Master the key to excellent communication: observe, listen, analyze, plan, and communicate.
- Learn to communicate with vision, clarity, and purpose.
- Gain insight into your personal communication strengths and weaknesses.
- Develop the ability to be flexible in actions, thoughts, and feelings to better handle workplace situations.
- Engage in more effective and focused communication.
- Create a positive work environment.
Course Outline (Content):
Effective Relationships and the Role of Communication in Building Relationships
- Behaviors that support or undermine effective workplace relationships.
- Becoming a “Conscious Communicator”.
- Communication as a cycle of continuous responses to create “Relationship Residue”.
- Rapport building as a tool to improve relationships.
The Importance of Knowing Yourself for Building Relationships
- Connections among emotional intelligence, worldview, perception, and effective relational-communication behaviors.
- Strategies to improve work relationships using Emotional Intelligence.
- Impact of self-perception on interactions with others.
- The Social/Communication Style.
- Behaviors that erode trust and those that build trust.
- Analyze, assess, and counteract people.
Best Practices and Skills for Building Relationships
- Assertive verbal and nonverbal behaviors.
- Using direct and indirect messages.
- Feedback and questioning skills.
- Relationship needs.
- Listening barriers and their impact on the development of effective workplace relationships.
- Questions and paraphrase to improve listening skills and relationships.
- Active and reflective listening skills in specific types of workplace listening situations.
- Best practices application for giving or seeking feedback.
Conflict Management strategies.
Who Should Attend?
Employees, supervisors, and managers seeking to take their communication skills to the next level and develop effective workplace relationships.
- Influencing & Communication for Impact
- Effective Collaboration
- Emotional Intelligence