Start Date: 23 Jun, 2024
End Date : 27 Jun, 2024
Duration : 5 Days
Project decision and strategy making allow the determination of the basic long-term goals and objectives of an enterprise. It is more and more important than the correct project selection is made, that the
benefits are clearly set out and understood at the outset and that the project is planned appropriately to support good delivery.
- Identify relevant stakeholders and communication needs in the Oil & Gas industry.
- Understand key contextual requirements within the project environment.
- Learn how to use appropriate decision-making tools & techniques that have been tried and tested.
- Accurately estimate and allocate project costs and associated benefits.
- Systematically define, design, and integrate end-user requirements in the project decisions.
- Understand how the time-value of money techniques help to support decisions.
- Identify risk sources and learn how to mitigate potential risks and deal with uncertainty.
- Use appropriate tried and tested decision-making tools & techniques.
Course Outline (Content):
Concepts of Project Management & Intricacies of Project Approval in Oil & Gas Industry:
- Process approach to improvement
- Advantages of process mapping
- Benefits of process maps
- Projects and Programs
- Project Life Cycles and Stage Gates
- Project Sanctioning and Approval Process (PSAP) for the Oil & Gas Industry
- Development of the Strategic Project Business Case
- Project Identification – Awareness of Accountability of Project Ideas
- Exploratory Decision Analysis
Project Financial Modelling and Project Leadership Skills
- Structuring Project Finance Deals
- Financing / Credit Risk Considerations for the Oil & Gas project
- The Time Value of Money – How it applies to project finance
- Yields and Rate of Return - Discounted Cash Flow (DCF) Analysis
- Build an Executive Leadership Style that guides the project toward greater performance and profit
Identify Reasons For Project Failures & Prepare for Successful Delivery and Integration
- Development of the Project Charter
- Define Success Criteria and KPI’s of an example Oil & Gas Project
- Capture Project Requirements
- Understand the Need for a Project Team Approach
- Importance of Communication in an Oil & Gas Project
- Working Collaboratively
Development Project Stakeholder Relationships & Project Communication
- Identify and Plan to Engage with the Project’s Key Stakeholders
- Creating Project Dashboards
- Presenting Decisions to the Project Board
- Recognizing Need for Project Recovery
- Control Decision-making
Who Should Attend?
Senior Management Decision Makers , Commercial Management , Financial Management, Project Management Professionals , Senior Business Services Professionals who hold responsibility for projects and costs in client and contracting companies.
We utilize a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. This training course will be conducted as a highly interactive workshop session. A variety of training methodologies will be used Before and during the course whenever applicable. Some of these methods are gamification, online pre-post test, role plays, self-assessment instruments, group exercises & case studies.