Start Date: 11 July, 2021
End Date : 15 July, 2021
Duration : 5 Days
This course is designed to help all staff who need to be able to communicate powerfully and persuasively with others at work.
- Understand the importance of effective communication at work.
- Communicate more effectively – utilizing different techniques and styles as required.
- Improve personal influencing style.
- Apply powerful influencing tools and techniques with individuals and groups.
- Be more efficient at gathering new information through effective questioning techniques.
- Pick up on hidden messages and act upon them.
- Develop confidence and credibility.
- Be more engaged with colleagues, customers, clients, and key stakeholders.
- Maximize impact in challenging situations.
Course Outline (Content):
- Identifying and using different communication styles.
- Barriers to effective communication.
- Understanding the other person’s perspective.
Good Questioning Skills
- Understanding when and how to ask a question.
- Taking the time to question - rather than answer.
- Using probing techniques to gather information.
Good Listening Skills
- Improving your concentration when listening.
- Demonstrating appreciation of the other person`s point of view.
- Spotting hidden meaning, feelings and emotions.
The Impact of Poor Questioning and Listening
- Creating confusion and misunderstanding.
- Losing new ideas and stifling creativity.
- Causing frustration and de-motivation.
Successful and Ethical Influencing
- Definition and characteristics of influence.
- Recognizing distinct influencing styles.
- Choosing strategies for ethical influencing.
- Skills and competencies for effective influencing.
Power and Influence
- Participants will evaluate their own power and the power of others involved in a personal situation.
- How are power, position, and authority expressed?
- Key principles of power and influence.
- Evaluating your power bases and planning to boost your personal power.
Making a Positive Impression and Improving your Personal Impact
- Participants will brainstorm ways of making a positive first impression and will receive feedback on how to develop their personal impact.
- How to make a positive first impression.
- Using the `confidence shield`.
- Using powerful body language and maximizing personal presence.
- Rules for making an impact in meetings.
- Participants will identify how they react and behave in various situations and discover what makes a colleague tick.
- Speaking your stakeholder`s language.
- Using NLP to build rapport.
- Understanding maps of the world.
Reducing Conflict and Reaching a Compromise
- Understanding the principles of assertive communication.
- Establishing objectives and asking for what you want.
- How to work through objections, resistance, and conflict.
Who Should Attend?
All the staff who need to be able to communicate powerfully and persuasively with others at work.
- Influencing & Communication for Impact
- Effective Collaboration
- Emotional Intelligence