Start Date: 25 July, 2021
End Date : 29 July, 2021
Duration : 5 Days
This course is designed for those who are involved in the formation and implementation of strategic planning and who would like to improve their front-line managements skills.
- Explain your role and responsibilities as a front line manager
- Identifies and addresses issues that represent highest strategic priorities.
- Determine the best approach to effectively implement your strategic planning.
- Provide clear and engaging direction to their team members
- Give feedback to team members on their performance
- Delegate tasks to team members in an engaging and supportive manner
- Recognised the characteristics of high performing teams and identified ways to engender effective team working
- Apply logical and creative approaches to solving problems and making decisions and facts.
Course Outline (Content):
- The role of the front line manager
- Understanding the role of the first line manager
- Recognising how best to manage different levels of performance
- The difference between Leadership and Management
- Management style for motivating and engaging the team
- Strategic Thinking and Planning Skill
- A Strategic Planning Process.
- Assessing the Internal and External Environment - SWOT analysis.
- Create Balanced Scorecard for Performance.
- How to become a high-performing organization.
- Strategic Planning Execution.
- Ensuring Strategic Alignment.
- Advance Communication Skills
- Communicating clear direction and instructions
- Impact of verbal and non verbal communication
- Adapting your communication style
- How to lead and present at Meetings
- Managing performance and development through effective feedback
- Developing Key Performance Indicators
- Opportunities for giving feedback
- Models for giving constructive and motivational feedback
- Delegation skills
- Identifying opportunities for delegation
- Benefits of delegating tasks
- Skills and process for delegating effectively
- Developing high performance teams
- Team Principles - Building Trust &Respect
- Characteristics of high performing teams
- Stages of group development
- Creative Problem Solving & Decision Making
- Problem Analysis Supplementary Tools
- Decision Analysis Supplementary Tools
- Lean Six Sigma Process for continuous improvement
Who Should Attend?
Executives, division leaders, and other senior managers involved in the formation and implementation of strategic planning and who would like to improve their front line managements skills.
- Change Management
- Project Management
- Analytical Thinking