Start Date: 14 March, 2021
End Date : 18 March, 2021
Duration : 5 Days
This highly participative training course will help participants develop their knowledge, skills and attitudes related to different HR functions. This training course will promote line management support for HR initiatives and enable participants to understand how HR impacts on their role and build and reinforce communication with their HR Department.
- Allow participants to fully understand the all-important role of intangibles in generating organizational success.
- Show how Non-HR Managers can add value to the people process and hence grow their HR capability.
- Give Non-HR-Managers a better understanding of the different HR functions.
- Demonstrate to the Non-HR manager how he/she can play the role of the HR Champion within his/her own department.
- Explore ways and means to improve communication and relationships between HR staff and other functions within the organization.
- Offer prescriptions for building Human Resources intangibles for all executives, at all levels, including HR professionals.
Course Outline (Content):
Understanding the Modern Role of HR
- Traditional HR versus Strategic HR
- The Management of Strategic HR
- The Management of Transformation and Change
- The Management of Employee Contribution
- Latest Developments in HR Thinking and Practices
Getting the right people
- Ally with HR department
- The HR functions of managers
- Workforce planning
- Attracting the right talent through referrals
- Interviewing skills for line managers
- Building a job profile
- Preparing technical assessments
Onboarding and Induction
- Onboarding - job orientation
- First day on the job
- Induction content
- Role and responsibility of the new employee’s manager during the first few days
- Values, culture and code of conduct
- Evaluating effectiveness of on-boarding
Training and development
- Why Identify Needs?
- Identifying training needs (TNA)
- The career development process and links with HR
- Succession planning
- Building a personal development plan
- Learning styles
- On the job training
- Evaluating training effectiveness
- Definition of performance management
- Overview of the annual performance cycle
- Mistakes in performance management
- Employee assessment best practices
- 360 degree versus 720 degree
- Coaching, counseling and mentoring
Who Should Attend?
Middle to senior managers seeking guidance on key issues in managing people; senior and middle level professionals in finance, production, operations and marketing; unit heads, functional heads and plant heads; managers who play multiple roles including HR without having formal HR orientation; HR professionals seeking a new, fresh perspective about managing people in highly competitive organizations
- Recruitment and selection
- Job orientation
- Performance management
- Training and development