Start Date: 10 October, 2021
End Date : 14 October, 2021
Duration : 5 Days
This course will provide participants with the knowledge to identify improvement opportunities in their organizations and help kick off the Six Sigma methodology with their teams. Participants will learn the different phases of Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve and Control (DMAIC) and how to build a project charter
- Understand the scope and breadth of a Lean Six Sigma initiative.
- Gain an understanding of what waste is and how to identify it so that it can be reduced.
- Become aware of variation and techniques to reduce it.
- Become familiar with the DMAIC team project model.
- Be aware of the infrastructure needed to support a Lean Six Sigma effort.
- Implement Lean Six Sigma improvement projects in their areas
Course Outline (Content):
1 - Introduction and Foundation Concepts
- Introduction to Six Sigma and Business Improvement Strategies
- Introduction to Lean Principles
- Understanding Quality, Customer Satisfaction and Loyalty
- The Voice of the Customer
2 - Developing Process Focus
- Implementing the Voice of the Customer
- Process Thinking - Developing a process view of the organisation
- The Cost of Poor Quality
3 - Measurement and Statistical Techniques
- Complexity in Processes
- Understanding Variation and Statistical Process Control
- Process Management Strategies
4- Driving Business Improvement
- The DMAIC Process
- Team Based Problem Solving based strategies
- Process Reengineering/Redesign based strategies
- Developing your Lean KPI
- Leading Improvement Teams and Handling Change
- Implementing Six Sigma in your organisation
Who Should Attend?
Managers, supervisors and professionals who wish to understand Six Sigma, its use and how it relates to work and business improvement, and all employees who will be involved in Lean Six Sigma efforts.
- Analytical Thinking
- Innovation (Creativity)