Start Date: 4 Aug, 2024
End Date : 8 Aug 2024
Duration : 5 Days
Logistics management is an essential function governing the flow of goods through a supply chain. This course brings you up to date with the latest logistics models and practices. The course’s main focus is on the optimization of transport, warehouse and inventory management activities. In addition, it covers the Supply Chain Operations Reference (SCOR) framework for managing logistics key performance indicators.
- Recognize modern supply chain and logistics trends as a basis for sustainable performance
- Employ qualitative and quantitative material forecasting techniques for a streamlined logistical operation
- Develop go-to-market strategies for different product categories based on the associated supply risk and financial impact of each
- Describe the role of transportation in logistics and identify opportunities for operational improvement
- Identify the role of warehousing, focusing on operational throughput and performance optimization
- Apply the Supply Chain Operations Reference (SCOR) framework to manage strategic, operational and tactical facets of logistics
Course Outline (Content):
- Logistics trends and practices
- Transport management
- Objectives of transport management
- Warehousing operations
- Inventory management
- Logistics and performance management
Who Should Attend?
Logistics professionals at all levels of the organization. In addition, this course is ideal for those seeking to complement their supply chain and logistics experience with the latest theoretical knowledge in the field in preparation for assuming a higher position at their organization.
We utilize a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. This training course will be conducted as a highly interactive workshop session. A variety of training methodologies will be used Before and during the course whenever applicable. Some of these methods are gamification, online pre-post test, role plays, self-assessment instruments, group exercises & case studies.