Start Date: 29 Sep, 2024
End Date : 3 Oct, 2024
Duration : 5 Days
This course offers engineers and technical staff who are making the transition to managerial and supervisory positions an excellent opportunity to understand the differences in mindset between technical and functional thinking. This course gives engineers and technical teams the opportunity to make a successful transition from their technical comfort zone to an area that is quite different on many fronts.
- controlling in a team environment
- Create a pleasant work environment conducive to creativity for self and others.
- Employ a variety of creative thinking strategies in the workplace,
- Practice the creative processes of engineering design and innovation.
- Demonstrate project management skills to run an effective work schedule that will increase productivity of work groups
- Use individual and group techniques to help generate creative ideas.
- Develop creative problem solving and decision-making processes
- Coordinate and communicate with others to achieve the desired goals
- Use the right Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to manage performance
- Contribute effectively to project team outcomes.
Course Outline (Content):
Understanding the transition from a technical expert to a functional manager or supervisor
- Differences and similarities between engineers and management
- The functions of management
- Common management mistakes you want to avoid
- Improving productivity through leadership and Innovation
Innovation and Creativity
- Innovation in Practice
- Creativity in Action
- A range of Creativity Tools
- Building an Innovative Organization
Planning and organizing tools and techniques
- Engineers as project planners
- Critical Path Method
- Understanding project schedules
- Workforce planning
Management through performance analysis
- Importance of performance management
- Key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Setting 'SMART' objectives
- Targets and standards setting
Dealing with your team members, contractors and customers
- Self Assessment
- Communicating and influencing
- Managing conflicts effectively
Building successful work teams
- Engineers as business team builders
- The importance of teams and teamwork
- Understanding the mechanics of groups
- Team building techniques
Analyzing issues and making effective decisions
- Defining problems and analyzing causes
- Problem analysis supplementary tools
- Creative decision making tools
Who Should Attend?
- Engineers, team leaders, project managers, supervisors and engineers who need to develop their managerial skills and has influence over the creation, adoption and implementation of new products, services, and processes.
We utilize a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. This training course will be conducted as a highly interactive workshop session. A variety of training methodologies will be used Before and during the course whenever applicable. Some of these methods are gamification, online pre-post test, role plays, self-assessment instruments, group exercises & case studies.