Start Date: 10 Nov, 2024
End Date : 14 Nov, 2024
Duration : 5 Days
This course is designed to help managers and directors who are involved in influencing, formulating or supporting the long term planning and strategy of their department or organization.
- Apply strategic thinking to analyze your current environment and determine your organizational ambition
- Learn to create better short-term goals that support long-term strategy.
- Identify strategic planning issues in order to develop a unique competitive advantage.
- Determine strategic objectives, Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and 'SMART' targets for the organization
- Convert strategic plans to operating plans through creating strategic initiatives and sequencing activities
- Determine the best approach to effectively implement your strategic planning.
- Participate in the performance management cycle to ensure proper execution of chosen strategies
Course Outline (Content):
Strategic thinking and planning
- The strategic management process
- Strategic thinking versus strategic planning
- Benefiting from strategic management
Analysis of the environment
- Porter's 5 forces
- Creating and capturing value
- Conducting a SWOT analysis
Vision, mission statements and values
- Using vision and mission statements
- Formulating vision statements
- Formulating mission statements
- Embracing organizational values
- Communicating the vision, mission and values
Strategic objectives, KPIs and targets
- Ensuring strategic alignment in the organization
- Developing effective strategic objectives
- Using the Balanced Scorecard (BSC)
- Using Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Characteristics of the right KPIs
- Developing different types of KPIs
- Setting SMART targets
Developing operating plans
- Cascading from vision to action plans
- Criteria for effective action plans
- Developing strategic initiatives
- Developing departmental plans
- Managing the execution of strategy
- Control process
- KPI dashboard reporting
Who Should Attend?
All managers and senior professionals who are involved in influencing, formulating or supporting the long term planning and strategy of their department or organization, as well as those who are responsible for linking, measuring and improving the performance of the organization, including strategy or performance management professionals, balanced scorecard managers, business unit and department managers and business analysts.
We utilize a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. This training course will be conducted as a highly interactive workshop session. A variety of training methodologies will be used Before and during the course whenever applicable. Some of these methods are gamification, online pre-post test, role plays, self-assessment instruments, group exercises & case studies.