Start Date: 17 Nov, 2024
End Date : 21 Nov, 2024
Duration : 5 Days
This workshop builds the skills presenters need to develop their strengths, communicate their message effectively, grow their self-awareness, and to communicate powerfully and persuasively with others at work.
- Prepare for a presentation using a systematic and easy to follow approach
- Project the right verbal and non-verbal characteristics essential in powerful presentations
- Use the most commonly available visual aids to support their presentation and make it visually appealing
- Use different communication tools and skills to deliver various types of messages
- Identify the different personal listening styles and discover their own
- Describe and harness the power of body language
- Practice and use assertiveness skills in different situations
Course Outline (Content):
Develop and Organize Presentation Content
- Attributes of an effective presentation
- Clarifying purpose and choosing an appropriate structure and strategy
- Create an audience profile and set presentation parameters.
- Identifying and using different communication styles.
- Barriers to effective communication.
- Understanding the other person’s perspective.
Good Questioning Skills
- Understanding when and how to ask a question.
- Taking the time to question - rather than answer.
- Using probing techniques to gather information.
Good Listening Skills
- Improving your concentration when listening.
- Demonstrating appreciation of the other person`s point of view.
- Spotting hidden meaning, feelings, and emotions.
Manage the Presentation Environment
- Describe the advantages and disadvantages of different room setups.
- Becoming comfortable presenting in front of the group and camera
- Be able to anticipate, avoid and handle equipment problems.
Prepare to Give the Presentation
- Importance of preparation
- Learn the benefits of rehearsing, adhering to a time frame and speaking from notes.
- Reduce stress and speaker’s anxiety.
- How to make a persuasive speech
Balance Verbal and Nonverbal Messages
- The Impact of Body Language on your Message.
- Practice nonverbal impact skills to reduce nervousness and to engage the attention of your listeners.
- Maximizing impact through body language, postures, gestures and dress
- Make your content clearer and more memorable.
- Building and Enhancing Credibility through Language.
Use Visual Aids and Support Materials
- Describe the purpose of visual aids and support materials
- Difference between presenting and PowerPoint clicking
- Design professional and compelling PowerPoint presentations
- Presenting complex data using graphs and visuals
- Creating and adding video clips to your power point presentations
- Identify tips for effective composition of visual content and speaker aids
Who Should Attend?
Managers, supervisors, and professionals who need to be able to conduct high impact presentation, and all the staff who need to be able to communicate powerfully and persuasively with others at work.
We utilize a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. This training course will be conducted as a highly interactive workshop session. A variety of training methodologies will be used Before and during the course whenever applicable. Some of these methods are gamification, online pre-post test, role plays, self-assessment instruments, group exercises & case studies.