Start Date: 2 June, 2024
End Date : 6 June, 2024
Duration : 5 Days
This course is designed to help directors and managers who are seeking strong leadership skills to help them motivate and inspire others to drive results.
- Use strategic thinking to add value to one’s organization by understanding the needs and expectations of one’s customers.
- Anticipate and innovative strategies to link strategic vision to core capabilities.
- Recognize opportunities to influence and create strategic alliances.
- Use strategic thinking to identify key strengths and weaknesses in the workgroup.
- Encourage and support risk-taking and innovation at all levels.
- Develop persuasive skills to sell strategic ideas.
Course Outline (Content):
Developing and Balancing Your Operational and Strategic Management Skills
- Establish a working definition of operational management.
- Explore the key attributes of today’s strategic thinkers.
- Find the balance between these core competencies.
- Reflect on their current use of operating management and strategic thinking in their own work setting.
Creating a Strategic Frame of Reference
- Understand the key components of the strategic model.
- Define key outputs at each level.
- Develop a strategic thinker’s approach for their own work environment.
Understanding Your Current Operational Mission: Your Team, Your Customers and Your Competitors
- Clarify the purpose of their workgroup in the context of their organization.
- Draft a mission statement defining the operational reality of their workgroup.
- Create a SWOT analysis to help them understand their team, their customers and their competitors.
Developing a Strategic Vision: Moving from “What Is” to “What If”
- Assess customer’s needs, wants and expectations.
- Determine optimal approaches for developing customer data and input.
- Learn to use an Importance/Performance Matrix to set priorities for their workgroup.
- Understand the power of vision.
- Prepare an initial draft vision statement to move their work unit toward the future.
Creating the Action Plan
Who Should Attend?
- Executives, division leaders, and other senior managers involved in the formation and implementation of strategic planning.
We utilize a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. This training course will be conducted as a highly interactive workshop session. A variety of training methodologies will be used Before and during the course whenever applicable. Some of these methods are gamification, online pre-post test, role plays, self-assessment instruments, group exercises & case studies.