Start Date: 9 Jun, 2024
End Date : 13 Jun, 2024
Duration : 5 Days
The Oil & Gas Technical Competence for Non-Technical Professionals course is an excellent introduction to the highly complex industry that is pivotal to our modern way of living. This training course not only covers production fundamentals, but also includes the necessary upstream background, geology, origins of oil & gas, transportation and storage refining and petroleum product sales and marketing. The training course also includes ownership and land rights, surface operations, production strategy development and project economics.
- Get an overview of the Global Oil & Gas Industry, from discovery to production through to consumption
- Gain an overview of Refining processing
- Evaluate the primary uses of oil and gas and the significance of oil and gas within the global energy industry
- Appreciate the role of the various organizations involved in the oil and gas industry – governments, oil companies, service companies, regulators, external (i.e. non-oil) bodies and others
- Understand the objectives, functions and commercial relationships between companies and organizations in the upstream and downstream oil and gas supply chain.
- Comprehend the Geopolitics of Oil and Gas and the Major challenges facing the energy industry
- The future of the oil and gas business
Course Outline (Content):
The Oil and Gas Industry Overview
- The Sedimentary theory for oil and gas formation.
- Fossil fuel Characteristics.
- Crude oil Assay & properties.
- Product properties & specifications.
Hydrocarbon Location, Geology and Exploration
- Hydrocarbon Traps and trapping mechanism.
- Petroleum Exploration methods and Seismic Surveys.
- Drilling the Well and Drilling Technology.
- Casing and Logging the Well.
- Reservoir production mechanisms.
Fiscal regimes - Hydrocarbon Ownership
- Concessions and licenses .
- Effect to fiscal take from oil price fluctuations.
- Lifting and production costs.
- Reserve estimates and location.
Crude Oil and Natural Gas Treatment & Storage
- Crude oil stabilization
- Natural gas processing and commoditization
- Oil and gas transmission and pipeline specifications
- Petroleum and petroleum product storage
- Tank gauging & Fiscal Metering
- Transportation and Sales
Oil and Gas, Mid and Downstream Activities
- Crude Oil Refining Processes
- Refining complexity
- Refining profitability and netbacks
- Petrochemicals, adding value
- Time value of money
Who Should Attend?
New entrants to the Oil & Gas industry, Petroleum engineers and geologists new to their careers , Financial, marketing, legal, and other professionals and their staffs interested in the industry , E&P service company personnel will find it particularly beneficial in understanding the roles played by their clients , Graduates wanting to get a better overall understanding of the business , professional advisers and Business Consultants .
We utilize a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. This training course will be conducted as a highly interactive workshop session. A variety of training methodologies will be used Before and during the course whenever applicable. Some of these methods are gamification, online pre-post test, role plays, self-assessment instruments, group exercises & case studies.