Start Date: 5 September, 2021
End Date : 9 September, 2021
Duration : 5 Days
The course will help you to learn to use powerful tools and techniques to turn every speech or presentation into a rewarding experience.
- Understand the qualities needed to become a competent presenter.
- Explore what makes a successful persuader and how to practice these skills.
- Establish what qualities are needed and how to develop them.
- Get to grips with preparing to persuade by building trust and rapport.
- Be able to apply the appropriate communication style, depending upon the situation.
- Discover how to overcome resistance and deal with difficult counterparties.
- Convince delegates that we can all present; it is nerves and self-doubt that prevent us.
- Learn how to manage and deal with questions professionally.
Course Outline (Content):
- The qualities of a successful presenter.
- Acknowledging and overcoming nerves.
- Using relaxation techniques.
- Using mannerisms and gestures to enhance the impact.
- How to build trust and rapport.
- Understanding the importance of perception.
- Appreciating that how you perceive situations may differ from others.
- Influencing and persuading skills.
- Self- Belief, Confidence & Assertiveness.
Explore what others want
- Setting clear objectives.
- Effective questioning techniques.
- Values and motivations of others.
- The power of positive thought.
- Choosing communication styles to meet the situation.
- The questioning technique.
- Open, leading and closed questions.
- Audience and audience expectations.
- Knowing your audience well enough to develop presentations that appeal.
- Getting and keeping the audience on your side.
- Dealing with very senior or important audiences/members.
- Preparing mentally.
- The essentials – eye contact, movement, audience engagement, and involvement.
- Rhetorical questions.
- Varying tone, pitch, and delivery style.
- Appearing confident in front of the crowd.
- Non-Verbal Communication Skills – “reading the audience”.
- Body language – yours and theirs.
- Presenting your case with impact.
Who Should Attend?
All staff members who need to be able to conduct high impact presentations and to speak persuasively and convincingly with colleagues and others.
- Influencing & Communication for Impact.