Start Date: 15 August, 2021
End Date : 19 August, 2021
Duration : 5 Days
This course is designed to help all professionals who want greater control & effectiveness of managing multiple tasks, improve their productivity and meeting deadlines for work and projects.
- Recognize the value of effective time management to yourself, your team and your organization.
- Clarify your own and your team’s objectives, key areas of responsibility and priorities.
- Identify and overcome the primary causes of poor time management for yourself and your team.
- Identify time wasters and personal preferences that affect performance in the workplace.
- Prioritize your tasks and cope more effectively with day-to-day demands and pressures.
- Learn to plan ahead and use your time more effectively to increase personal and team productivity.
- Release more time to manage and delegate tasks effectively.
- Become more assertive and disciplined, achieving greater control through an improved personal organization, resulting in a healthier, more productive lifestyle both at work and beyond.
Course Outline (Content):
Managing your Job
- Managing yourself and the resources at your disposal.
- What are you and your team trying to achieve? Defining your objectives and key result areas.
- Establishing responsibilities and priorities.
Practical Time Management and Planning
- Effective use of diaries, time planners, time logs, etc.
- Criteria for prioritizing – urgent and important.
- Planning and scheduling your activities.
- Dealing with interruptions and distractions – staying focused Managing time under pressure.
- Developing a proactive approach to short, medium and long term plans.
- Investing time and effort in order to achieve more in the future.
- Your time management behavior – preferred working styles.
- Personal effectiveness – a guide to self-discipline.
- Highlighting personal ‘time-stealers’ and areas of weakness.
Managing Others and Meetings
- Managing people managers, colleagues, team members, and customers.
- Getting more things done through assertive behavior.
- Making the most of meetings as a participant or chairperson.
- The rules of effective delegation – overcoming personal preferences and prejudices.
- Using delegation as a means of coordinating the workload of your team/department.
- Delegation – freeing up your time and developing staff.
- Reviewing your management of time at regular intervals.
- Overcoming your old habits – maintaining your new standards.
Who Should Attend?
Supervisors and employees whose responsibilities require Planning, utilizing resources, scheduling, delegation and making decisions.
- Effective Collaboration
- Project Management