Start Date: 25 April, 2021
End Date : 29 April, 2021
Duration : 5 Days
This course is designed to help all business professionals who are required to present ideas in writing and who wish to sharpen their business writing skills.
- Learn the optimal business writing process, to write any document at work confidently.
- Use a proven process to plan and write any document.
- Quickly generate and organize ideas.
- Write clearer and more concise documents.
- Spend 30% less time on each document.
- How to write more efficiently and effectively.
- Plan, draft and edit important documents including memos, business letters, reports, and emails.
- Tailor your writing style dependent on the audience and goals of the document.
- Write with purpose, so there is no doubt what the reader's next action should be.
Course Outline (Content):
The “Who” and “Why” of a Written Document
· Writing for the purpose of the document
· Focus on the benefits for the reader
Understanding Sentence Structure
· Subjects and predicates
· Recognizing parts of speech
Writing Sentences and Paragraphs
· Topic sentence
· Paragraph and sentence length
· Paragraph linking and coherence
· Maintaining consistency of tense
· Using positives vs. negatives
· Using jargon and technical terms
· Avoiding common sentence problems
· Comma errors
· Question mark
· Using apostrophes
· Punctuation common errors
Using Illustrations, Numbers, and Capitals
· Using capitals
· Using numbers
· Using Illustrations
The 7 Cs of Effective Writing
The Writing Process
· Preparing to write
· Organizing your information
· Writing the draft
· Citation and Documentation
Types of Written Communication
· Minutes of Meeting
Who Should Attend?
Managers, Supervisors and all business professionals who are required to present ideas in writing and who wish to sharpen their business writing skills.
Influencing & Communication for Impact