Quality Tools & Techniques: for Systematic Problem Solving & Sustained Improvement
Start Date: 23 May, 2021
End Date : 27 May, 2021
Duration : 5 Days
This course is designed for Individuals, leaders, supervisors and all those who are engaged in quality implementation and improvement of organizational performance.
- Apply logical and creative approaches to solving problems and making decisions.
- Design when and how to apply the quality tools.
- Implement a continual improvement process.
- Organize a problem-solving process, monitor for results, quantify the benefits, and improve the process.
- Practice working as a team member, building respect for other members, achieving team consensus, and gaining buy-in for creative, fact-based change.
Course Outline (Content):
- Describe problem and goal statements in Project Charter
- Define the problem and goal statements.
- Assure alignment to key business goals/objectives.
- Form a team and define roles, authority, resources, and responsibilities.
- Secure approval, if needed.
- Develop a project timeline; Gantt chart.
- Study the process and its performance
- Developing a Data and Information Collection.
- Determining baseline measures and quantify performance gap using different techniques.
- Determine root causes
- 5 Why’s, Fishbone and Tree diagrams, Root Cause verification Matrix
- Determine the most probable causes
- Review the most probable causes
- Generate potential solutions
- Establish a rating selection criteria
Improve (and Implement)
1- Select the best alternative solution
- Brainstorming and multi-voting consensus
- Affinity diagram
- Scatter diagram
- Selection matrix
- Force field analysis
- Interviews/ surveys
2- Develop Implementation Plan
- Develop an implementation project plan including resources, timeline, document changes, communication/training, control plan, monitoring/reporting, audits, positive and negative consequences
- Pilot or test plan
- Collect data to determine solution effectiveness; verify the performance gap is closed; revise if needed
Who Should Attend?
Quality managers, team facilitators, team members, process improvement project leaders, supervisors. This training would also be beneficial for employees and new hires within organizations using continuous improvement and corrective action systems.
- Project Management
- Analytical Thinking