Start Date: 15 Sep, 2024
End Date :19 Sep, 2024
Duration : 5 Days
This course is designed to help directors and managers who are seeking strong leadership skills to help them motivate and inspire others to drive results.
• Understand strategic management concepts.
• Enhance critical thinking and decision-making skills.
• Use strategic thinking to add value to one’s organization by understanding the needs and expectations of one’s customers.
• Cultivate leadership and communication skills.
• Promote strategic planning and implementation skills.
• Anticipate and innovative strategies to link strategic vision to core capabilities.
• Recognize opportunities to influence and create strategic alliances.
• Use strategic thinking to identify key strengths and weaknesses in the workgroup.
• Encourage and support risk-taking and innovation at all levels.
Course Outline (Content):
Developing and Balancing Operational and Strategic Management Skills:
- Define operational management and explore attributes of strategic thinkers
- Find a balance between these competencies
- Reflect on the use of operational management and strategic thinking in your work setting
Creating a Strategic Frame of Reference:
- Understand the components of the strategic model
- Define key outputs at each level
- Develop a strategic thinker's approach for your work environment
Understanding Your Current Operational Mission:
- Clarify your workgroup's purpose within the organization
- Draft a mission statement defining your workgroup's operational reality
- Create a SWOT analysis to understand your team, customers, and competitors
Developing a Strategic Vision:
- Assess customer needs, wants, and expectations
- Determine optimal approaches for gathering customer data and input
- Use an Importance/Performance Matrix to set priorities for your workgroup
- Understand the power of vision
- Prepare an initial draft vision statement for your work unit
Creating the Action Plan:
- Implement the strategies and actions identified in the previous steps
Who Should Attend?
- Executives, division leaders, and other senior managers involved in the formation and implementation of strategic planning.
We utilize a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. This training course will be conducted as a highly interactive workshop session. A variety of training methodologies will be used Before and during the course whenever applicable. Some of these methods are gamification, online pre-post test, role plays, self-assessment instruments, group exercises & case studies.