Start Date: 11 July, 2021
End Date : 15 July, 2021
Duration : 5 Days
This course is designed to help managers and employees whose responsibilities require strategic thinking, planning, scheduling, leading and managing resources.
- Learn how to develop a plan to achieve the goals you want for you and your organization (company/division/business unit/team).
- Develop strategic thinking in your organization.
- Develop a strategic plan for your organization.
- Identify the principles and mechanisms that drive successful implementation.
- Develop measurable action plans that result in success.
- Understand your underlying business model and how it relates to your strategy.
Course Outline (Content):
Key Concepts: Strategic Thinking
- The Essence of Strategy – core concept and definition of terms.
- The Difference between Good Strategy and Bad Strategy.
- How to Think Strategically – practical techniques.
- Leadership and Management, Comparing Strategy and Operations.
- Strategic and Operational Goals – significance and difference.
- Using the Strategic Management System.
Developing Strategy – The Power of Business Analysis
- Understanding the Importance and Value of a “Business Model”.
- Vision, Values, Mission, and Goals – strategy as perspective.
- Case Examples and Guidelines: Vision and Mission Statements
- Analyzing your Business Environment.
- How to Evaluate Your Organization’s Competencies and Capabilities.
- Resource-based Approaches to Strategy.
- Levels of Strategy: Corporate, Business and Functional.
- Competitive Strategy – strategy as position.
- Strategic Choice – how to select the best strategy.
- Translating Strategy with Strategy Maps and Balanced Scorecards.
Bringing It All Together
- Building a Strategy / Business Planning Team.
- Analyzing Business Models and Strategies in an Industry.
Action Planning and Next Steps
Who Should Attend?
Executives, directors, and other senior managers involved in the formation and implementation of strategic planning.
- Analytical Thinking