Start Date: 13 Oct, 2024
End Date : 17 Oct, 2024
Duration : 5 Days
This course is designed to help managers and supervisors who want to develop their teams and need to be more assertive and less passive-aggressive.
- Understand the root of anger, how we become angry and how to break the habit
- React to confrontations quickly and efficiently while maintaining your emotional balance
- Know how to manage and diffuse anger.
- Conduct self-assessments of your personal strengths and areas for improvement.
- Learn strategies for preventing the build-up of frustration.
- Deal assertively with problems of buried and misdirected anger.
Course Outline (Content):
Definition of Anger
- Anger’s journey from stimulus to response
- Anger and our bodies, minds and behaviour
- Personal anger patterns
- How does anger affect your emotions?
- What are the anger myths?
- Deal with the backlog of unresolved anger
- Express feelings appropriately
- Channels for anger energy
How to deal with other people’s anger
- Facing an angry outburst
- Dealing with chronic anger of other people
- What is assertiveness?
- How to present your view systematically and assertively
- How does assertiveness differ from aggressive or passive behaviour?
- How can assertive communication help you to control your emotional balance?
- How can you appeal to emotions to deliver your true meaning and get results?
- Strategies for your self
- Strategies for others
Personal action Plan
Who Should Attend?
Managers and supervisors who need to be more assertive and have difficulty coping with stressful situations.
We utilize a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. This training course will be conducted as a highly interactive workshop session. A variety of training methodologies will be used Before and during the course whenever applicable. Some of these methods are gamification, online pre-post test, role plays, self-assessment instruments, group exercises & case studies.