Start Date: 1 Sep, 2024
End Date : 5 Sep, 2024
Duration : 5 Days
This course is designed to help all levels of management and supervisory staff who want to lead and develop their teams by making effective decisions and reflect it to high levels of commitment and productivity.
- Why organisation’s need to be creative in their problem solving and decision making
- A step-by-step method to creative problem solving and decision-making
- Recognize the differences between teamwork and individual work in analyzing and solving problems.
- Tools to help in creative problem solving and decision-making
- Tests the appropriateness of a solution using cost-benefit analysis.
- The different thinking styles that people use when making decisions
- Explain the roles of emotions and intuition in decision-making
- Establish clear criteria for an effective solution.
- Implement decision effectively
Course Outline (Content):
Creativity & Problem Solving
• Creative Problem Solving in A Post-COVID-19 World
• Critical Thinking & Problem-Solving Skills
• Creative Problem Solving (CPS) Process
Problem Identification Challenges
• Types of problems
• Mental models (Google)
• Identifying Problems Effectively
Problem analysis supplementary tools
• Root cause analysis/Six Sigma Approach
• Fishbone diagram
• Why-why method
• Brainstorming - Generating Options
• The six thinking hats
Decision analysis supplementary tools
• Force-field analysis
• 'Plus/Minus/Implications' (PMI)
• Mind Mapping
• Grid analysis
• SWOT Analysis - Analysing your Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats
• Cost/Benefit Analysis
Decision Making for Improved Leadership
• Guidelines for Leaders to Consider When Making Decisions
• Decision Tree Group approach
• Creative Process Model- PIIV
• Contingencies of Involvement
• Evaluating Decisions Better
Who Should Attend?
All levels of Management and Supervisory or staff.
We utilize a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. This training course will be conducted as a highly interactive workshop session. A variety of training methodologies will be used Before and during the course whenever applicable. Some of these methods are gamification, online pre-post test, role plays, self-assessment instruments, group exercises & case studies.