Start Date: 1 Sep, 2024
End Date : 5 Sep, 2024
Duration : 5 Days
Leading and Managing Virtual Team, Best Practices training course aims to assist managers and professionals to develop the intercultural competence and communication skills required when Managing Virtual Teams. Upon completion of the course, you will understand the key issues and motivators that drive your virtual team and gain the skills and tools to a successful build, manage and work in a complex environment Leading.
- A greater understanding of the practical and behavioral challenges of managing virtual teams.
- The opportunity to explore your own context and share best practice with other delegates.
- Build and maintain virtual teams to create success.
- Design an action plan to optimize team effectiveness.
- Increased awareness of your own learning and management style and areas for greater emphasis when managing a virtual team.
- Maintain team performance through key collaborative relationships.
- Facilitate teams using effective communication technologies.
- Manage the risks and benefits of distance and cultural diversity.
- Enhanced communication skills to positively interact with virtual team members.
- Practical strategies for using a variety of technologies more effectively.
Course Outline (Content):
Overcoming the challenges of working in virtual teams
- Planning to meet the individual and team challenges of operating virtually.
- Meeting the motivational challenges of individuals and teams.
- Managing the impact of separation factors including distance, time zones and cultures.
Establishing the foundation for effective collaboration
- Providing what team members need to be successful
- Focusing on the needs of a virtual team
Proactively developing a team with a common goal
- Identifying key staff competencies and qualities
- Balancing an individual's technical and virtual contributions
- Mapping the key relationships to enhance team success
- Analysing the perspectives and priorities of stakeholders
- Assessing the impact of current communications with stakeholders
- Orienting new virtual team members through onboarding
- Managing the virtual learning dip
- Running effective virtual team start-up sessions
- Start-ups sessions: face-to-face or virtual?
Technology, Communication and the Virtual Workplace
- Developing proactive communication approaches
- Measuring the impact of technology tools in filtering the richness of human communications
- Generating structured processes for selecting the right medium for key team activities
- Auditing the communication landscape
- Focusing on training in the use of common available tools
Working with cultural diversity
- Culture from different perspectives: organisational, national, regional and international
- Exploring levels and categories of culture
- Impact of culture on communications, negotiations and relationships
- Responding positively to the range and depth of cultures
- Incorporating cultural differences to benefit the team
Creating an Action Plan to Lead Virtual Work
Who Should Attend?
Experienced managers, leaders and project managers who are currently leading virtual teams and are seeking to enhance their overall performance as virtual leaders, as well as those who will be moving into a virtual leadership role in the future.
We utilize a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. This training course will be conducted as a highly interactive workshop session. A variety of training methodologies will be used Before and during the course whenever applicable. Some of these methods are gamification, online pre-post test, role plays, self-assessment instruments, group exercises & case studies.