Start Date: 9 Dec, 2024
End Date : 13 Dec, 2024
Duration : 5 Days
This course will provide participants with the knowledge to identify improvement opportunities in their organizations and help kick off the Six Sigma methodology with their teams. Participants will learn the different phases of Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve and Control (DMAIC) and how to build a project charter
- Understand the scope and breadth of a Lean Six Sigma initiative.
- Focus your actions on customer requirements
- Differentiate between value and non-value-adding activities
- Gain an understanding of what waste is and how to identify it so that it can be reduced.
- Become aware of variation and techniques to reduce it.
- Become familiar with the DMAIC team project model.
- Be aware of the infrastructure needed to support a Lean Six Sigma effort.
- Customize a LEAN tool you can utilize right away
- Implement Lean Six Sigma improvement projects in their areas
- Deliver better results faster with fewer resources
Course Outline (Content):
Understanding LEAN methodology concepts
- Introduction to Six Sigma and Business Improvement Strategies
- Introduction to Lean Principles
- Understanding Quality, Customer Satisfaction and Loyalty
- The Voice of the Customer
Developing Process Focus
- Implementing the Voice of the Customer
- Mapping the customer value stream
- Process Thinking - Developing a process view of the organisation
- The Cost of Poor Quality
Tools, Measurement and Statistical Techniques
- Complexity in Processes
- Understanding Variation and Statistical Process Control
- Identifying LEAN metrics
- Process Management Strategies
- Grasping the 7 types of waste
- Implementing LEAN tools to decrease process waste
- Understanding the 5 key LEAN methods used for process improvement : 5S, Poka, Yoke, Kanban, and Kaizen
Driving Business Improvement
- The DMAIC Process
- Team Based Problem Solving based strategies
- Process Reengineering/Redesign based strategies
- Developing your Lean KPI
- Recognizing the elements of continuous improvement
- Leading Improvement Teams and Handling Change
- Implementing Lean Six Sigma in your organisation
Who Should Attend?
Managers, supervisors and professionals who wish to understand Six Sigma, its use and how it relates to work and business improvement, and all employees who will be involved in Lean Six Sigma efforts.
We utilize a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. This training course will be conducted as a highly interactive workshop session. A variety of training methodologies will be used Before and during the course whenever applicable. Some of these methods are gamification, online pre-post test, role plays, self-assessment instruments, group exercises & case studies.