Start Date: 3 Nov, 2024
End Date : 7 Nov, 2024
Duration : 5 Days
This course provides you with proven tools to successfully implement business improvements including process mapping techniques, documentation of standard operating procedures, and value-added vs. nonvalue-added activity analysis to successfully implement process management improvements.
• Define the process and its importance to the proper functioning of the organization.
• the knowledge and practical application of Process Mapping concepts
• Identify the international standards for approaches to processes
• Develop a vision to guide process improvement.
• Examine various process assessment methodologies
• Generate process analysis charts and construct process maps for improvement
• Use a variety of tools and techniques to eliminate waste and redundancies.
• Implement and monitor process changes.
• Justify the need to measure processes as an improvement tool
Course Outline (Content):
Process Mapping Overview
Overview of Process Mapping tools and applications
- Provide examples of real world lean applications
- Define key concepts of Process Mapping
Process Mapping Preparation:
- Defining processes, roles, scope of work
- Developing Process Mapping teams
- Process Mapping Tools
- Process Workflows
- Swimlane Process Maps
- Value Stream Mapping
- Cycle time map
- Process hierarchy
- Process maps symbols
- Lean thinking to reduce waste in processes
- The eight types of waste found in processes
- 5S: a framework to organize and maintain your workplace
- Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA)
Understanding Process Approach as per International Quality Standards
- Understanding process approach
- The Plan, Do Check, Act (PDCA) approach
- Opportunities in terms of reducing cycle time and defects
- Non-value-added explained
Process Analysis and Improvement
- Customer-oriented processes
- Analyzing and improving a process
- Using process maps to identify root causes
- Problem-solving techniques
- Process mapping in six sigma projects
Process Measurement and Benchmarking
- Process Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Benchmarking and the balanced scorecard
Who Should Attend?
Individuals involved in improvement projects, processes identification, work design, and productivity improvement.
We utilize a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. This training course will be conducted as a highly interactive workshop session. A variety of training methodologies will be used Before and during the course whenever applicable. Some of these methods are gamification, online pre-post test, role plays, self-assessment instruments, group exercises & case studies.